Skip directly to content

Skillet New Album 2012

• Skillet New Album 2012

In an Interview with John Cooper, John stated that the new album was sounding "hard and heavy." He also stated in other interviews that the new album was looking at a September/November release. In your opinion what will the new album sound like?

Rocky's picture
    1 year 3 months
    Joined Date: 17 Feb 2011
Rocky's picture
on April 30, 2012 - 3:37pm

In an Interview with John Cooper, John stated that the new album was sounding "hard and heavy." He also stated in other interviews that the new album was looking at a September/November release. In your opinion what will the new album sound like?

Forum category: 

vadim's picture

"hard and heavy." mmm...good!

Graham Williamson's picture

If we're lucky, this album will be more back to a Collide sound, a little more melodic with solos more like those of Comatose and Awake, they do have a new guitarist with no recording history so it's difficult to imagine what he'll bring to the table (look how much Ben brought on his first full album) but heavy is good, I can't wait for this album I've been needing new Skillet material since... their last album cause we all know they're better than drugs :P so stoked for this one!

groovage83's picture

I agree with Graham. I LOVE the entire Collide album! I think combining the heaviness and rawness of that album with the strings of Comatose and Awake would make for a stellar offering.

Kitz's picture

I hope it has the strings like awake and hardness of collide but a little more techno type stuff like at Skillet's concerts like before Better Than Drugs and when they played Sometimes live. It's going to be EPIC no matter what it sounds like

Cooper'sHawk10's picture

The energy of Collide and the strings in Comatose would be AWESOME.

bnsears59's picture

Like the comments below...hard, heavy, with strings....main thing will be new Skillet music!

vadim's picture

I want heard john scream and growling :)

DonovenSetler's picture

Im dyeing to have it. When is it out?

Ultimate_PanHead_Ace's picture

It will be awesome of course can't wait!!!!

vadim's picture
8 months 3 weeks
If we're lucky, this album

If we're lucky, this album will be more back to a Collide sound, a little more melodic with solos more like those of Comatose and Awake, they do have a new guitarist with no recording history so it's difficult to imagine what he'll bring to the table (look how much Ben brought on his first full album) but heavy is good, I can't wait for this album I've been needing new Skillet material since... their last album cause we all know they're better than drugs :P so stoked for this one!

Graham Williamson's picture
2 years 3 months
I agree with Graham. I LOVE

I agree with Graham. I LOVE the entire Collide album! I think combining the heaviness and rawness of that album with the strings of Comatose and Awake would make for a stellar offering.

groovage83's picture
2 years 2 months
I hope it has the strings

I hope it has the strings like awake and hardness of collide but a little more techno type stuff like at Skillet's concerts like before Better Than Drugs and when they played Sometimes live. It's going to be EPIC no matter what it sounds like

Kitz's picture
2 years 4 weeks
The energy of Collide and the

The energy of Collide and the strings in Comatose would be AWESOME.

Cooper'sHawk10's picture
2 weeks 5 days
Like the comments below..

Like the comments below...hard, heavy, with strings....main thing will be new Skillet music!

bnsears59's picture
7 months 5 days
I want heard john scream and

I want heard john scream and growling :)

vadim's picture
8 months 3 weeks
Im dyeing to have it. When is

Im dyeing to have it. When is it out?

DonovenSetler's picture
1 year 1 month
It will be awesome of course

It will be awesome of course can't wait!!!!

Ultimate_PanHead_Ace's picture
1 year 2 months